CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
- Summative Task
This course follows the same basic structure as our 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL certificate courses. Once you have studied and absorbed the material for the first unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you proceed to the following unit.
CTEYL Course Aims
Upon completing the Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners, graduates should be able to:
- Discuss using standard industry terminology, the role of teaching English to young learners.
- Develop a course syllabus that targets the specific needs of their own students.
- Have realistic ideas for individual lessons and how to deliver them to a range of different age groups.
- Source and create teaching material that is suitable for young learners.
- Create and apply assessment procedures, pre-course, on-course and post course.
- Understand the general role of a young learner English teacher, in a variety of settings.
- Identify opportunities for professional development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching business English (CTBE) is included in all three of our multi-course options; the 220-hour Master Package, the 470-hour Professional Package, and the 550-hour Expert Package. For full details of these popular course options follow the links below.