"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
50-hour course in teaching English to young learners (CTEYL) | no tutor
CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
This course follows the same basic structure as our 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL certificate courses. Once you have studied and absorbed the material for the first unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you proceed to the following unit.
You will have up to six months to complete all aspects of the course, and within this maximum time frame you are free to work at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. Upon successful completion of all the units, we will send you your online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners.
CTEYL Course Aims
Upon completing the Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners, graduates should be able to:
- Discuss using standard industry terminology, the role of teaching English to young learners.
- Develop a course syllabus that targets the specific needs of their own students.
- Have realistic ideas for individual lessons and how to deliver them to a range of different age groups.
- Source and create teaching material that is suitable for young learners.
- Create and apply assessment procedures, pre-course, on-course and post course.
- Understand the general role of a young learner English teacher, in a variety of settings.
- Identify opportunities for professional development.