Our TEFL Diploma course is designed to be taken by practicing teachers or those who wish to gain a higher level of study after completing a TEFL/TESOL certificate level course. There are a number of very good reasons for undertaking the TEFL Diploma course which could include:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
TEFL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 12 separate modules as outlined below:
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
Each module requires about 21 hours of study which includes a multiple choice test. The summative task requires about 20 hours of study. The total study time is therefore 250 hours.
TEFL Diploma Course Aims
The course aims to give you an appreciation of a whole range of issues from learning theories to material design. Research is conducted mainly via the world-wide-web and occasionally through reference texts. Completion of the course will improve your research and writing skills as well as develop a whole range of transferable skills from essay structure to question development.
Diploma Course Assessment
The Diploma course assessment is made up of a series of multiple choice tests at the end of each module. On completion of each test you submit your answers to the automated marking system which will give you an immediate score for that test. It will also indicate where you made any mistakes and show where you can find the correct answer. As you work through the course your progress will be presented graphically so that you can monitor how you are doing. The final summative task is a short research essay of between 2000 and 2500 words on any aspect of the course material.
On successful completion of the eleven multiple choice tests and a satisfactory essay you will be awarded your 250-hour TESOL/TEFL Diploma certificate.
TEFL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TEFL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
ITTT will provide you with all reasonable assistance in finding a TEFL job after you have completed the course. This includes the following support services:
- Resume/CV preparation
- Information on likely sources of EFL vacancies
- Job guidance counselling
- Interview preparation
We are happy to provide this assistance throughout your teaching career.
TEFL Diploma Special Offer
Sign up for our online TEFL Diploma course without tutor support before the end of this month and receive our 120-hour TEFL certificate course free of charge. Diploma course applicants that are already TESOL/TEFL certified can choose either the CTEYL or CTBE course as their free course option.
special price on offer from