For many TEFL qualified teachers, travelling overseas and working in a foreign school environment is a big part of the appeal, however, the major area of growth in the market right now is actually in online English tuition. With a specific qualification in this field of education you are free to work from anywhere in the world, including your home town. This is why we have developed the CTEO course to build on your existing teaching skills and to adapt them to suit the world of online language teaching.
During the course you will find a large amount of invaluable knowledge that will set you up for a new career path working online. Once the course is complete we will also connect you to our CTEO graduate network that contains a large number of former trainees who are now working as online tutors across the world.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is designed for anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
No previous experience or training in teaching English online is required to complete this course.
Although it is entirely possible to complete this course on your own, many trainees find that the added support and guidance they receive from their online tutor is absolutely invaluable in their progress through the materials. Your tutor will be available to answer any questions you have on any part of the course via email within one working day.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
To make sure you have fully absorbed all the materials, you will undertake a short online test at the end of each unit, before you move onto the following section. There is no set pass rate for each individual test; you simply need to achieve an average of 75% across all the course units. After completing the sixth unit, you then submit a written summative task that will be marked by an online tutor. Once all sections of the course are completed satisfactorily you will receive your course certificate.
In the interests of flexibility we do not impose a strict timetable for this course. You can choose exactly how and when you study, as long as you are able to complete all the units within a six month period.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from