"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
50-hour course in business English (CTBE) | with tutor
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
Choosing the tutored option will give you access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of the course. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
This course is based around the same format as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL certificate courses. Once you have fully studied the material that accompanies each individual unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you move on to study the following unit. The final section of the course consists of a lesson planning task. The lesson plan will be submitted online for review by a course tutor.
For this course you are allowed up to six months to complete all the necessary components, and within this time frame you can work at whatever pace you want. Once you have successfully completed all of the course units and the lesson plan, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
After completing the Certificate in Teaching Business English, graduates should be able to:
- Discuss the process of business English teaching using industry standard terminology.
- Create a teaching syllabus based on evidential assessment of a client’s needs.
- Have realistic ideas for individual lessons and how to deliver them to a range of target groups.
- Source and create material that is suitable for a business English lesson.
- Create and apply assessment procedures pre-course, on-course and post course.
- Understand the general role of a business English teacher in a variety of settings.
- Identify available opportunities for further professional development.