"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Completing a TEFL certification program is the first major step for anyone who is serious about teaching English at home or overseas. In order to secure a reputable position Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), you need to possess an internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certificate.
Although there are exceptions, most employers will expect their prospective teachers to have completed an internationally accredited TEFL course that fulfils certain criteria. Employers typically require a certificate gained through an In-class course (or combined in-class and online course) with at least 120 hours of study, including a minimum of six hours of teaching practice. Alternatively, an online certificate of at least 100 hours duration that covers important areas such as classroom management, teaching skills and grammar is also generally accepted.
At ittt our goal is to exceed the minimum standards expected by worldwide employers to allow our graduates the best possible chance of securing high quality teaching positions in the locations of their choice.
TEFL certification Course Checklist
When choosing a course for your TEFL certification you should make sure that the provider is a genuine, internationally recognized TEFL course provider who can demonstrate the following:
- Their courses meet international standards for the regulation of acceptable English language teaching certification.
- Their online courses include at least 100 hours of training and input.
- Their in-class courses have a minimum of 6 hours of trainer observed teaching practice with genuine students of English.
- Their training materials cover teaching skills, classroom management, language awareness (grammar) and phonology.
- Their in-class trainers and online tutors are experienced and qualified professionals.
- Their courses are moderated and inspected by an independent teaching body or professional.
- Their materials and training are regularly updated to reflect developments in language teaching.
- They provide a high quality certificate that is valued and internationally recognized.
At ITTT we are proud of the fact that we are one of the few course providers who can comfortably meet all of the above criteria.