Teach English in Yimin Sumu - Hulunbei'er Shi — Hulunbuir

Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified and teach in Yimin Sumu? Are you interested in teaching English in Hulunbei'er Shi — Hulunbuir? Check out ITTT’s online and in-class courses, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English ONLINE or abroad! ITTT offers a wide variety of Online TEFL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.

Differences between teaching ESL and EFL There are different ways on how to teach English. To be able to teach English in the United States a person would need to traditionally embark on a bachelor's or master's degree that focuses on a teaching license. Once you have this license you can teach in schools to children from the kinder garden up to high school depending on the teaching certification. In college, it is usually required to have a masters's to a doctorate degree to be able to teach the English language (be it literature, art such as theater, etc.) and to teach education in English for those who would want to become teachers. However teaching English outside the United States and countries, whose official language is English, can be a little bit different. Countries have different requirements to teach certain languages. Most of the countries will accept certificates such as the TESL and TEFL which translates to Teaching English as a Second Language and Teaching English as a Foreign Language and will be the main focus of this essay. Teaching English as a Second Language or TESL usually refers to teaching English to non-native English speakers in English speaking countries (Such as U.S., Canada, England, Australia, and others). Teaching English as a Foreign Language or TEFL mostly refers to teaching English to non-native English speakers in countries where English is not the first language. In either of the two, TEFL/TESL we have a common ground on that student of ESL and EFL are L2 learners which means English is not their first language. Here we can find that teaching ESL/EFL will differ in how to teach and learn an L2 language. One of the main differences is that an ESL student who we can assume that is not from an English speaking country will need to learn and study English in the quickest and most effective way possible given that he or she will need the language to function properly in that country. For example, let’s say that an 18-year-old male student of Japanese origin decided to live and study in the U.S. but his English is not up to the standard required to enter a U.S. college. In this case, the students should learn English in an ESL approach rather than an EFL method. If for example, the same student decided to learn English to better prepare himself at a job in Japan, he would usually take EFL classes rather than ESL classes. According to an Oxford University Press blog post by Kate Bell, ESL students will need hands-on English lessons suitable for the students' specific needs, instructions on how to act and behave (cultural norms) and students will need to find a way where they can integrate to their new environment. In the same post, we can also appreciate what EFL students needs. First students need to find a way to practice using the English language, second, they need to find a way to communicate with pen pals and get exposure from English speaking natives, and find a way to keep motivated while learning. After acknowledging that EFL and ESL can be taught differently because of the context of how the learner will use the English language we can now understand their main and overall differences. The similarities, however, can be bridged through TESOL or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. References: Bell, K. (2011). How ESL and EFL classrooms differ. Oxford University Press, English Language Teaching Global Blog. Recovered on: Lake, W. What is EFL and How Does it Differ from ESL? ESL Teaching Tips & Strategies for Any Grade Level. Recovered on: