CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This course is based around the same format as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL certificate courses. Once you have fully studied the material that accompanies each individual unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you move on to study the following unit.
CTBE Course Aims
After completing the Certificate in Teaching Business English, graduates should be able to:
- Discuss the process of business English teaching using industry standard terminology.
- Create a teaching syllabus based on evidential assessment of a client’s needs.
- Have realistic ideas for individual lessons and how to deliver them to a range of target groups.
- Source and create material that is suitable for a business English lesson.
- Create and apply assessment procedures pre-course, on-course and post course.
- Understand the general role of a business English teacher in a variety of settings.
- Identify available opportunities for further professional development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching business English (CTBE) is included in all three of our multi-course options; the 220-hour Master Package, the 470-hour Professional Package, and the 550-hour Expert Package. For full details of these popular course options follow the links below.