Although the idea of travelling overseas to teach English in a foreign school is a big draw for many TEFL qualified teachers, one of the strongest areas of growth in the field of language teaching is actually within online English teaching. If you choose this path you are free to work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. If this sounds like your kind of job, by completing our Certificate in Teaching English Online (CTEO) you will learn to adapt all your existing teaching knowledge to suit this specific style of learning.
As well as adapting your teaching style to suit the online market, completion of the CTEO course will give you access to our course graduate network that will provide a range of support and practical guidance when looking for the right job to suit you.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is aimed at anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
Previous experience or training in teaching English online is not required to complete this course.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
The assessment strategy for this course consists of a short comprehension test at the end of each individual unit. Once you have checked and submitted your answers, you then move onto the next unit. An average score of 75% or above is required across all the unit tests to successfully complete the course. The final part of the course is a written task that must be submitted for marking by an online tutor. As soon as all the tasks are complete you will be sent your course certification.
As we are aware that many of our trainees have other commitments alongside their studies, we are happy to offer a great deal of flexibility while studying this course. You are free to choose your own timetable as long as you complete all aspects of the course within six months of your start date.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from