Earn your teaching certificate in beautiful Prague
Our training center in the Czech Republic provides the ideal location to earn your TEFL certification in magnificent Prague. This modern capital city offers an incredible opportunity to work and live surrounded by rich heritage and culture.
What we love about Prague
- Festivals: Music, Food, Beer, Wine, Art, Pottery, Design, Film, Theatre. There’s something happening nearly every week.
- Beer! It’s tasty and cheap. Even the ‘bad’ beer is good here.
- The architecture. Everyday you notice a new beautiful building with scraffiti, mosaics or frescoes that you can swear wasn’t there last time you looked.
- Low cost of living: Rents are affordable and you can get drinks and dinner for two for under 20 bucks.
- Public transport. It’s cheap, safe, clean, easy to use and it comes when it says it will on the schedule.
- Culture - there are three opera houses, hundreds of theatres, as well as all sorts of museums and galleries, music and sport venues and cinemas.
- History - how cool is it to have coffee in a room that Kafka or Albert Einstein once sat in?
- Nature – it´s a popular location for hiking, camping and mountain climbing and it´s also very safe (your wildest enemies may be just ants)
- 1. Spend 120+ hours in face-to-face TEFL training in the Czech Republic.
- 2. Learn from qualified and experienced language trainers.
- 3. Attend fully accredited and externally moderated course.
- 4. Get teaching practice with adults as well as children.
- 5. Earn an internationally recognized TEFL certificate.
- 6. Live and study for at least four weeks in Prague.
- 7. Job opportunity after completion of the course
We are a select, professional school run by highly experienced and qualified trainers. We combine the personal attention of a small course with the facilities, support and insider knowledge of one of the most established and respected language schools in Prague. Our trainees will have the chance to meet teachers in the staffroom and pick their brains about TEFL teaching and life in Prague or other countries. As a language school with more than 20 years of experience, we can provide trainees with useful contacts of schools all over the world.
The Prague TEFL school is very well equipped, with pleasant classrooms and a well-stocked TEFL resource library. Nearby, there are plenty of reasonably priced places to eat, and other facilities.
The school is a short tram ride from the city centre. The journey from the accommodation to the school takes about 30 minutes by public transport.
Our TEFL training centre in Prague has two options for accommodation during the course. You can choose either an apartment in the city or a room in a local pension. Both options offer comfortable, well-equipped and good value for money accommodation set in a pleasant and convenient location. Based on seasonal availability we can also arrange homestay.
All our accommodation options are generally available from the Saturday before the course until the Saturday after the course is completed. If you wish to arrive in the city earlier or stay on after the course, we will be happy to help you arrange alternative accommodation that suits your preferences. Also, there is no obligation to use our recommended options so you are free to make your own arrangements if you wish. As you would expect from a capital city, Prague has a wide range of accommodation options that cover all budgets and preferences.
- 25 April 2022 - 20 May
- 30 May 2022 - 24 June
- 4 July 2022 - 29 July
- 8 August 2022 - 2 September
- 12 September 2022 - 7 October
- 17 October 2022 - 11 November
- 21 November 2022 - 16 December
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union.
The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training centre.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer.
If you choose to use our accommodation, it should be paid for either by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the school at the start of the course.
special price on offer from
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my payment options?Expand
The course deposit must be paid to our administrative center. The fastest and cheapest way to make payment is by credit/debit card but you can also pay via Western Union, PayPal and bank transfer. Although there is no deadline for making your deposit payment, our courses can fill up quickly and your place will only be secured once the deposit has been paid.
Once you have made the deposit payment, you will receive an informational packet via email with detailed information about the course and Prague itself.
The balance of course fees is payable via credit card, Pay Pal or bank transfer and it is due 4 weeks before the course begins. Alternatively, based on mutual agreement with the centre you can pay in cash on the first day of the course.
The fees for the course are all-inclusive and you will not be asked to pay additional costs for any course related materials or services. The course fees also include course moderation, accreditation fees and lifetime job placement guidance.
What are my accommodation options?Expand
Our Prague TEFL course can offer two options for your accommodation during the course. You can choose between an apartment and a room in a pension. Both options are priced at 300 euro for the duration of the course (28 nights).
All our accommodation options are located within a short distance of the training centre and are usually available from the Saturday prior to the first day of the TEFL course until the Saturday after the course has finished.
What travel documents will I need for the czech republic?Expand
All visitors to the Czech Republic are required to carry a passport valid for at least six months after their arrival date. Visitors to the Czech Republic from North America, Australia and New Zealand can stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days on a tourist visa which is automatically issued on arrival at the airport. Visitors from EU countries do not require a visa. Citizens from all other countries should contact their local consulate to obtain current travel regulations.*
* As this information is subject to change at any time, we advise you to contact your local consulate for current travel regulations prior to planning your trip. For more information on obtaining visas please check with your local Czech Republic consulate or embassy.
What is the course schedule?Expand
The first class will take place on Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. at which time we will provide a complete course schedule. The input sessions run between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. with regular breaks. On days when you are teaching you will finish a bit later.
What can I expect during teaching practice?Expand
Lessons are based upon real teaching resources found all over the world and you will also have the chance to create your own materials. You will receive the aid of your course trainer throughout lesson planning and receive immediate feedback on your lesson after it’s been delivered. Practicum is assessed and a satisfactory assessment is required to earn your TEFL/TESOL certificate.
Who usually attends the course?Expand
The majority of trainees are British or American, while many others come from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa and the Philippines. Occasionally, we do get fluent non-native English speakers from Western Europe, Scandinavia, India, China, Thailand, etc. Trainees must be 18 years of age or older and the age range varies greatly depending on the course.
Is there a dress code?Expand
For all input and tutorial sessions at the training location, there are no specific dress requirements. We simply ask that you are mindful of your peers and respectful of the fact that you are a visitor in another country.
What should I bring for course studies?Expand
Please be sure to arrive on the first day of the course with a notebook and a pen. We also encourage you to bring a laptop as we have Wi-Fi at the training center. We will provide all course materials for you so there is no need to bring anything else for the course itself.